At Badger Iron Works, we are proud to serve our customers in every possible way. A full time quality control department, pattern shop, and a modern computerized scheduling and shipping department are available to serve our customers!
Our Quality Control department includes:
- SPC monitoring of processes
- Full sand testing laboratory:
- Tensile strength of green sand, no-bake, and ABC
- Moisture content %
- Bond content %
- Sieve testing
- Full metal testing laboratory:
- Thermo Jarrel Ash spectrograph with 15 channels
- Tinius Olsen Tensile Tester
- Microstructure testing and micro-photography
- Brinell hardness testing
- Storage and maintenance of patterns on-site
- Pattern engineering and design on new and existing equipment
We can produce castings from ounces up to 2,000 lbs. in Gray Iron and up to 1400 lbs. in Ductile Iron.